Monday, September 24, 2012

The High School Phases.

It's that big day before high school, you have been looking forward to it all of middle school, all of summer. You watched every movie or TV show that featured high schoolers, and now here you are starting out as a freshman. It's one of the scariest, yet most exciting moments that we go through.

It's the time for a change. It's the time that you start your journey to become who you want to be as a person. I remember going through that. I remember changing so much during high school. For those of you that know me, know that I changed a ton throughout school. 

Starting out in middle school, I wore only black and red baggy clothes. I was a major tomboy. I remember that I would always wear this black shirt with shark silhouettes on them. I would wear only Vans. No sandals, no flip-flops.. nothing. I look back with complete embarrassment.

My style started to evolve into a crazy, err, style? A good friend of mine, Georgia, and I would wear skirts over our jeans with crazy shirts and other layers. I have no idea what I was thinking. By the time I was in eighth grade, I was conforming into what was popular. I would only wear clothes from American Eagle. While talking about clothes may seem beyond trivial, it correlated with my personality. 


When I finally entered high school, I completely conformed. I wore only Hollister shirts and Pacsun jeans. There was no style in my style. I dressed exactly like everyone else. Who else remembers those Hollister shirts that had Hollister written down the side? EVERYONE had one in some color. You could not enter the hallway without seeing three maroon ones, two blue shirts, and a green one. It was insane. 

What caused us all to think that was great style? It was just a t-shirt that every one had the same exact version of. You really don't realize that something was a trend until you look back and realize how ridiculous it was. If you remember those shirts, please PLEASE leave a comment. I hope I'm not the only one that remembers that trend. 

Once I reached my sophomore year, I became, er, more scene? I stopped caring so much about what people thought. I just wanted to do my own thing and try and find my own style. Of course, once I reached Junior year my style was random. I became more and more.. me. I stopped caring about what the trend was, but didn't try and go in a completely different direction. 

This is significant, because I feel that, for most of us, our Junior year was our true defining moment. That in our Junior year, we all started to slowly branch out and be exactly who we wanted to be. Now here we are paving our own path for ourselves. It's crazy to think that during high school, we all change so much. It's hard to imagine. But, it's fun to look back at our former selves. it's fun to think that all those crazy and embarrassing phases make us who we are today. That's something I would never change, even when I changed so many times..

 P.S. I beyond MORTIFIED about the middle picture, but it's somewhat entertaining 

3 comments:

  1. I honestly think this was your best blog yet. :) And I definitely remember those shirts! Hahah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Allison!!! HAHAH. I'm glad that I'm not alone.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete