Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Murderer.

Hello world.

I am so sorry for my absence. I know, I know. You all eagerly wait for me to post another entry about me talking about random stuff, because my voice is, oh so, interesting. Right? In case you didn't catch it in these uniform letters, I am being completely sarcastic. Anyways..

In our freshman seminar class, we have to do a monologue. I spent forever trying to figure out exactly what to do and was worried that I would do it wrong because I have never done a monologue. Then I realized, after annoyingly texting friends to make sure I was doing it right, that I basically do monologues when I can. I like to tell little anecdotes even though I probably suck at it.

SO..  it got me thinking of sharing a little anecdote with you guys.

A few years ago when I was staying in Florida at my dad's for a summer, my, then, step-brother and I were playing Playstation 2 while chilling in a parent-free house. His mother and my father were out on a date on a nice Friday night. We both liked being in a house all alone. I was probably around eleven or maybe a little younger and he was around fourteen or so. Those times are fairly blurry to remember exactly when it occurred.

The Playstation was located in a room that we called the "Florida Room." We called it this because it was made out of windows and got super hot. It was pretty late at night, so it was pitch black outside. The room had a door that led to the backyard that was sectioned off from the other yards by fencing. Typical neighborhood set-up. My step brother was taking a break from playing the game by talking on the lovely house phone (remember those days?). Our puppy-almost-labeled-as-a-dog, Crash, was also in the room with us.

As we were fully engaged in what we were doing, we heard a strange sound in the backyard. At first we thought that we were just being paranoid, but then Crash proved us wrong by reacting to the sound by casually throwing out a simple bark at the sound.

My stepbrother and I looked at each other and we both FREAKED OUT.

We jumped up from where we were sitting. I dropped my controller, flipped over my chair, and moved as quickly as I could towards the door that led into the house. My legs could barely move. It was like being chased in a nightmare. You know the ones where you can't move your legs? Where it's like your brain is telling your legs to move, but your legs just won't listen fast enough. It was a very surreal moment in life.

My stepbrother dropped the house phone, the back broke off and the battery flung out causing the phone to separate into three pieces across the floor. Crash was barking like crazy while jumping onto our legs. I guess our freak-out caused an alarm for him. The door knob to the house wouldn't turn, it was being especially difficult in this real life horror-movie moment.

When the door knob finally decided to stop torturing us, we ran to make sure the front door was locked. My stepbrother instinctively grabbed a butcher knife to protect us from the mysterious sound that, in our minds, obviously meant a murderer.

After a while, nothing happened, so we slowly returned to the florida room despite being scared to death of what just happened.

Things were fine until my stepbrother decided to leave me in the florida room all alone. The sound occurred again, but I calmly arose from my chair while my heart was racing. I went into the house to find my stepbrother to tell him that there definitely is something or someone, namely a murderer, outside.

He was doubtful. So, he went to check it out. As soon as he did, his cousin came into the florida room while busting out laughing. He was the dreadful sound. I naturally grabbed the local cookie-scented Febreze and sprayed him in the face. Why? because obviously the yummy cookie Febreze would show him up and make him regret his actions.

Looking back, I can easily recall how terrified I was and then how angry I was at Michael for terrorizing us. We were beyond scared. However, I can only imagine how HILARIOUS it must have been for Michael to watch us freak out from outside. It's one of those memories that you can see from a bird's eye view almost as if you were watching it like a movie.

I definitely will never forget this memory that made me feel scared, but then later cause me to chuckle at the entire memory.


2 comments:

  1. This is very good. I rembember when this happened. You and Jared were so mad a Michael.

    ReplyDelete