Friday, September 7, 2012

The Homesickness.

I constantly speak of how much I love New York, but what I fail to talk about it how much I love Nashville. New York might be my new home, but Nashville will forever and always hold a place in my heart no matter what. I am beyond happy here, but I miss a lot about Nashville that it sometimes makes me sad that I left.

First and foremost, I miss my family. Mom, it has been just me and you for most of my life. We had our little routine and life that can never be replaced. Even though you became a FarmVille addict, I still love you. ;) I'll miss hearing Josh Groban non-stop. In fact, I dreamt last night that I became friends with Josh Groban and he sang at your third surprise party. Yes, I am trying to embarrass you. Is it working? Mom, you are the one person that influences me the most. I am beyond lucky to have you as my mother. Thanks for being supportive of all my crazy ideas! I love you. :)

Rachel, I miss you, too. You might be my sister, but are also a great friend. I miss coming home to my second home. You have had a strong impact on me and have taught me to keep going strong no matter what. I'll make sure to eat eleven almonds each day for you. I love you so much and I am so lucky for you to be my sister.

Mamalott, Papalott, Uncle Robert, Mr. Wonderful, Kim, Randy, Sydney, Skylar, and Rylee. I, of course, miss all of you! If I had endless room, I would write a paragraph describing how much I love all of you. Thank you so much for being extremely supportive! For the rest of my family in different states, I love you, too. :) I just can't name everyone even though I want to!

As a side note, I miss you, Dad! Even though this post is about Nashville, I wanted to make sure that you guys know that I miss you too! Thank you so much for being so great! I cannot wait for you and Sandy to visit in November. I love you guys. Michelle, hurry and get here. I am beyond excited to spend Thanksgiving with you. Look at us, L.A. sister and NYC sister spending the holidays together. :) I can't wait! I love you!

Now that I covered the most important part, I miss some my friends back home. I am not going to name specific people so that I don't risk the chance of leaving out someone. You all are amazing. I promise that I haven't forgotten you guys!

Finally, I want to talk about specific things about Nashville that I miss. I miss having the ability to drive every where. I miss the curvy roads of Tennessee. I miss my Starbuck's family. I miss big grocery stores where the aisles allow for two carts to pass by each other at the same time. I miss Rocketown. I miss so many things, but most of all, I miss the familiarity of the place that I was raised and lived in for eighteen years of my life.

From time to time, I remember these things and it causes sadness. However, I know that this sadness is a positive thing. It will help me flourish into a more independent person and for that I am thankful. I will miss Nashville, but New York is my home now. 



2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blogs! Just so you know :) I hope that you're having a wonderful time in New York. Live it up, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though NYC is your home now, I hope you still are able to find some point in time to come visit Lil ole me!! I wish we would have planned something over summer but I was so caught up in work and soccer that I never gave myself a break to actually see friends. I'll never forget you Rebbie and I read your blogs every day :)

    ReplyDelete